Friday, January 02, 2009

Yeah, What HE Said: Lee Edition

Even a good Republican will agree that mistakes have been made by the current administration. Mistakes are made by EVERY administration. But this time around, 99.9% of the world is enjoying making a sport of blaming Bush for every evil and ill. We can thank the talking heads on the irritainment-news for spurring this on and on. In response to them, I give you another vilified man, Robert E. Lee.

"It appears we have appointed our worst generals to command forces, and our most gifted and brilliant to edit newspapers. In fact, I discovered by reading newspapers that these editor/geniuses plainly saw all my strategic defects from the start, yet failed to inform me until it was too late. Accordingly, I am readily willing to yield my command to these obviously superior intellects, and I will, in turn, do my best for the Cause by writing editorials - after the fact." - Robert E. Lee, 1863

Apparently, talking heads are not a recent a phenomenon.

No comments: