Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Follow Up 2: Idle Shareholders

Jinx!

Apparently, at the exact same time I was blogging about irresponsible boards, Carl Icahn was on Fast Money echoing my comments, right down to my "fox in the henhouse" allusion. The video is here. For the record, I first said this about corporate execs back in July. Also for the record, I'm sure he's been saying it since before I was born. It's just nice to be in good company!

In a nutshell, Icahn doesn’t feel corporate management is properly held accountable for their actions. And going forward, he’s determined to see that they are. "It's like asking the proverbial fox to guard the henhouse," he said. Ichan said he is starting a cause called the United Shareholders of America to fight in Washington to change the rules on how corporate management in America operates.
- Unintended Consequences, Recap of CNBC's Fast Money, Seeking Alpha Blog 10/6/08

No comments: